Indeed, if an investor turns down your request for funding, don’t take it personally, said Randy Domolky, managing director of TEDCO Capital Partners.
Martin Roesch, founder of Sourcefire, addressed attendees on Monday at the Maryland Technology Development Corp.’s Entrepreneurs Inspiring Entrepreneurs Expo.
Sourcefire founder Martin Roesch and 500 Startups mentor Paul Singh to be keynote speakers, and 2013 Entrepreneur Expo agenda announced
FastForward facility is part of university’s entrepreneurship push
The Maryland Innovation Initiative has awarded about $2.7 million since Jan. to 26 research teams and technology companies in the state to help them commercialize their products, the Maryland Technology Development Corp. said Wednesday.
You are invited to attend the TEDCO RBI2 LOWER SHORE SHOWCASE Wednesday, June 19, 2013 Wor-Wic Community College, room HC 302 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Learn about TEDCO’s Rural Business Innovation Initiative (RBI2) program. Hear presentations by companies in your region who have received TEDCO assistance. Find out how
DCtonians People in the Greater DC area who inspire me & reflect the new, creative, tech (Greater) DC interviews Robert Rosenbaum
February 13, 2013
Interest in the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund at an All-Time High as Commission Receives 240 Letters of Intent from Universities, Research Institutions, Hospitals and 16 Companies
Strength and promise of the program will be on full-display at the 7th Annual Maryland Stem Cell Research Symposium on Dec. 2 at the Silver Spring Civic Center
RedOwl Analytics receives the first investment from fund that invests in veteran-owned businesses
Allovue; Citelighter Inc.; Keffa Coffee; Light Point Security; Ntensify; Rehabtics and SOL VISTA recognized
Winners chosen for distinction in Innovation, Corporate excellence and Entrepreneurship
Awards address diseases and conditions such as diabetes, vascular disease, schizophrenia, sickle cell anemia, chronic pain, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, osteoarthritis, depression, autism,
Towson University has launched its first commercialization with SoundsRight, a sounds CAPTCHA which received a patent and has been licensed to two organizations. CAPTCHAs are the security features with distorted letters that ask users to retype them to assure a website that users are not automated bots. A visual CAPTCHA
Winners chosen for distinction in Innovation, Corporate excellence and Entrepreneurship
22 Finalists Chosen from Maryland’s Incubators; Winners to be Announced at Awards Ceremony on June 10
Successful RBI2 program, which provides assistance to rural start-ups, receives $500,000 in State funding for Fiscal Year 2015
Nine chosen for excellence in Innovation, Corporate
Excellence and Entrepreneurship
TEDCO Selects Neil Davis, Former Emerging Technology Centers Executive, as Director of Entrepreneurial Development
COLUMBIA, Md. (March 5, 2014) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) welcomes entrepreneur and business development expert Neil R. Davis who will serve as director of entrepreneurial development.
Successful entrepreneurs quickly realize that they do not possess all of the skills and experience required to grow their company, but rather need access to additional expertise. Without a full management team in place, these entrepreneurs look to a diverse team of advisers to help them through the formative stages
Business Plan winners of Cancer Challenge were announced March 5 at the National Cancer Institute (NCI)’s Rockville Campus. The Avon Foundation, the Center for Advancing Innovation (CAI), and the National Institute of Health’s NCI created the first business plan and start-up challenge to transfer technology from their institutions. Stephen Auvil,
The Maryland Entrepreneurs Resource List (MERL) started in 2012 and has had some recent success in providing leadership to early stage companies. One example is Ocular Proteomics, LLC, OPL. [READ MORE LINK.] Joshua Hines, business director for OPL, has contacted several MERL members. Joshua found two MERL members, Michael David and
Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Receives High Number of Applications for Funding Consideration
Commission receives 151 applications, including proposals ready for clinical and pre-clinical trials COLUMBIA, Md. (Feb. 4, 2014) – The Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission (Commission) has received 151 applications in response to its four 2014 Requests for Applications (RFAs). Over its eight-year history, the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund (MSCRF)
Study Finds TEDCO Supports more than $565.9 Million in Economic Contributions and 2,835 Jobs in the State of Maryland Annually
Independent third-party economic development study conducted by Battelle Technology Partnership Practice analyzes economic impact of the Maryland Technology Development Corporation
Organization awards funding through the Technology Commercialization Fund
Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Presents Sixth Annual Maryland Stem Cell Research Symposium in Baltimore
Symposium brings together Maryland’s stem cell research community to discuss latest research projects and findings with the public.
TEDCO’s Rural Business Innovation Initiative Adds New Ambassador for Mid and Upper Eastern Shore Regions
Mark Greene, a leading business development expert, will serve as mentor for tech-driven small businesses and start-ups located in Talbot, Caroline, Queen Anne’s and Kent Counties.
New venture fund is designed for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces
Summit brings together patients, researchers, legislators and physicians to learn about the latest research, treatment and prevention for sickle cell disease. Commission also announces 2014 Request for Applications.
Maryland Entrepreneur Resource List Activities The Maryland Entrepreneur Resource List, MERL, began in January 2012 as a way to establish a group of experienced business people to mentor start-up companies in Maryland. It further more provides the seasoned entrepreneurs a group where they can network among themselves and find common
COLUMBIA, Md. (Aug. 12, 2013) Social Toaster and Woofound each receive $200,000 from the fund that supports entrepreneurs and start-up companies in Baltimore City.
COLUMBIA, Md. (July 22, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) announced today that 14 companies have received a total of $1,109,990 in funding from the organization’s Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF), formally the Maryland Technology Transfer and Commercialization Fund, since Sept. 2012.
COLUMBIA, Md. (July 19, 2013) – The Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission (Commission) today announced that it has elected Rabbi Avram Israel Reisner as chair and Dr. David Mosser as vice chair.
COLUMBIA, MD (July 5th, 2013) “I’ve brought much more of an entrepreneur culture to TEDCO. It had vestiges of acting like a state-funded organization, which it was and still is. But I’ve brought much more of a pure entrepreneurial focus and have gotten the team to think about how we can incorporate and include more private sector involvement rather than just relying on state funding”.
Created by the General Assembly and administered by TEDCO, the MII promotes the commercialization of research conducted in five qualifying Maryland universities.
Research universities and start-up companies receive funds to further develop technologies in the fields of therapeutic, software, medical, mobile and online technologies COLUMBIA, Md. (June 25, 2013) – The Maryland Innovation Initiative (MII), which accelerates commercialization and technology transfer from university labs to start-up companies, announced it has awarded $2,960,466
COLUMBIA, Md. (June 13, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), Lonza Group LTD, McGladrey LLP, Millennial Media, Saul Ewing LLP, the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) and the BioMaryland Center announced the winners of the 13th annual Incubator Company of the Year Awards Thursday evening at the American Visionary Arts Museum in Baltimore, Md
Awards address many debilitating diseases; include pre-clinical research and a clinical trial
Nine local finalists chosen for excellence in Innovation, Corporate excellence and Entrepreneurship COLUMBIA, Md. (May 7, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) announced today that nine finalists have been selected in the organization’s third annual ICE Awards. The awards program, which stands for Innovation, Corporate excellence and Entrepreneurship, will recognize outstanding businesses
Nine local finalists chosen for excellence in Innovation, Corporate excellence and Entrepreneurship
COLUMBIA, Md. (April 24, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), Lonza Group LTD, McGladrey LLP, Millennial Media, Saul Ewing LLP, the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) and the Maryland Biotechnology Center announced today 23 finalists for the 13th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards.
TEDCO Hires Christopher College to Serve as Managing Partner for Newly Created TEDCO Capital Partners
COLUMBIA, Md. (Apr. 9, 2013) – The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) has hired Christopher College to serve as managing partner for the recently established TEDCO Capital Partners. This new extension of TEDCO will be responsible for managing the organization’s family of venture capital funds, which were announced in January
COLUMBIA, Md. (April 2, 2013) – Music teachers and aspiring musicians across the world will benefit from Propel Baltimore’s first investment. The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO), in collaboration with The Abell Foundation and the France-Merrick Foundation, announced that Bandhappy, a new music marketplace that connects teachers and students in a one-of-a-kind music community, is the first company to receive an award from the Propel Baltimore Fund.
Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Receives High Number of Applications for Funding Consideration
COLUMBIA, MD (Feb. 11, 2013) – The Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission (Commission) has received 171 applications in response to its four 2013 Requests for Applications (RFAs). Over its seven-year history, the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund (MSCRF) has maintained a high level of interest from the scientific community, and this year’s response is no exception.
Debbie Grosh serves as mentor for tech-driven small businesses and start-ups in Carroll, Harford and Cecil counties.
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) announced today the realignment of two of its core funding and investment programs, the addition of a Patent Assistance Program and that it will be managing four new highly-focused investment funds, or TEDCO affinity funds. TEDCO also unveiled a new website – www.TEDCO.md – that makes it easier than ever for entrepreneurs to connect with Maryland’s go-to source for entrepreneurial support and guidance. The organization’s restructuring of existing investment programs and addition of affinity funds will position the public corporation to generate long-term income to further leverage the State’s investment in innovation.
Orthopedic company and two Johns Hopkins researchers awarded nearly $300,000
to bring innovative medical devices to market
A new $50 million investment fund will provide seed capital to launch new businesses that use technologies from government and university research labs in the Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and the District of Columbia.
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) along with partner organizations is proud to announce that its 2012 Entrepreneur Expo: Transforming the Way We Do Business, has been selected as a featured event as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week – one of only 11 featured events in the country and the only in Maryland to be formally recognized.
The Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission (Commission) announced today that it has received the 2012 Excellence in Technology-Based Economic Development (TBED) Award from the State Science and Technology Institute (SSTI). This award, presented at SSTI’s 16th annual conference in Atlanta, recognizes the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund (MSCRF) programs for providing competitive grants to public and private entities, advancing cutting-edge research and technology, leveraging state funds, and developing strong economic growth in the life sciences sector.
Maryland Innovation Initiative Announces Board Chair and Vice Chair, Program Manager, Two New Programs
The Maryland Innovation Initiative (MII), which facilitates technology transfer from university labs to start-up companies, announced today that, following a meeting last week, its board of directors elected Robert Hallenbeck as chair and Patrick O’Shea as vice chair. The MII board also announced the inception of two new programs that will provide funding to support the commercialization of technologies at five qualifying Maryland universities, and introduced its new Program Manager, Jennifer Hammaker.
TEDCO and Partner Organizations to Host 2012 Entrepreneur Expo: Transforming the Way We Do Business on Nov. 13
The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) announced today that it has partnered with key organizations and stakeholders to host the second annual Entrepreneur Expo, “Transforming the Way We Do Business” on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012, at the BWI Airport Marriott in Linthicum Heights, Md. Coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week, which includes worldwide activities in recognition of the entrepreneurial spirit, TEDCO and partner organizations will host this large-scale Expo, featuring dynamic conference programming for beginner to experienced entrepreneurs.
Tour to Roll Through State in September Everywhere, Md. (UPDATED September 18, 2012) – Free State startups (and those who love them) are invited to Pitch Across Maryland, a state-wide bus startup tour and business pitch competition, organized by Startup Maryland, September 11 – 28, 2012. The Pitch Across Maryland
In its continued effort to spur economic development and bring concepts from the laboratory to the marketplace, The Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) announced today that 16 companies have received a total of $1,170,885 in funding from the organization. The funding will be used to advance the companys’ technology and product commercialization efforts. Funds were awarded to startups representing a wide-range of industries including biotechnology, education, food, medicine and disease treatment, fitness, environmental innovation and entertainment.
Governor Martin O’Malley today joined with entrepreneurs and business and university leaders at Baltimore’s Emerging Technology Center on 33rd Street to highlight the passage of Innovate Maryland.
- TEDCO Announces InnovateHER Business Plan Competition Winner
- Dan Gincel, PhD Graduates from Leadership Maryland
- TEDCO Selects Andy Jones As Managing Director of the Maryland Venture Fund
- Hundreds of Maryland’s Top Entrepreneurs and Regional Business Leaders Attend TEDCO’s Fifth Annual Entrepreneur Expo
- Interest in the Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund at an All-Time High
- Hundreds of Maryland’s Top Entrepreneurs and Regional Business Leaders Attend TEDCO’s E2E: Entrepreneurs Inspiring Entrepreneurs Expo
- TEDCO Invests $1.5 Million in 15 Maryland Startups
- TEDCO Launches New Executive Exchange Program
- Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Announces Funding Opportunities and Annual Symposium Keynote Speaker
- Startup Maryland and TEDCO Team to Celebrate Innovation and Entrepreneurships
- TEDCO to Host 2014 Entrepreneur Expo “E2E: Entrepreneurs Inspiring Entrepreneurs” Nov. 12
- TEDCO Announces State Support for First Dedicated Cybersecurity Fund
- Maryland Innovation Initiative Awards Over $6.4 Million to 67 Commercialization Projects
- Veterans’ Opportunity Fund Makes First Investment
- Innovative Maryland Businesses Honored at 14th Annual Incubator Company of the Year Awards
- Winners of Third Annual Ice Awards Announced
- Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Funds 31 New Research Proposals
- TEDCO Announces Winners of Fourth Annual ICE Awards
- Finalists Selected for 14th Annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year Awards
- TEDCO Announces State Support for its Rural Business Innovation Initiative
- Finalists Selected for TEDCO’s Fourth Annual ICE Awards
- TEDCO Selects Neil Davis, Former Emerging Technology Centers Executive, as Director of Entrepreneurial Development
- Tips for Working with the MERL or any Adviser
- Breast Cancer Business Plan Challenge Winners Announced; TEDCO and MERL Participate
- Maryland Entrepreneur List Success Story
- Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Receives High Number of Applications for Funding Consideration
- February 15 2012 - Leadership Maryland Selects Robert A. Rosenbaum for 20th Anniversary Class
- February 15 2012 - TEDCO Announces First of Its Kind List Service for Maryland Entrepreneurs
- Februrary 1 2012 - TEDCO President and Executive Director Named Marylander of the Year
- March 15 2012 - USDA, TEDCO and Partners Present Agriculture and Aquacilture Forum
- April 13 2012 - Governor O'Malley Promotes Innovate Maryland
- April 2012 - TEDCO Endorses the JOBS Act in Partnership with Startup America
- April 30 2012 - TEDCO Awards More Than $450,000 through JTTI
- May 10 2012 - TEDCO Hosts Exclusive Angel Investor Forum
- May 21 2012 - Finalists Selected for TEDCO's 2nd Annual ICE Awards
- May 21 2012 - Finalists Selected for TEDCOs Second Annual ICE Awards
- May 31 2012 - TEDCO Announces Winners of 2nd Annual ICE Awards
- June 15 2012 - Innovative Maryland Businesses Recognized at 12th Annual ICOY Awards
- June 5 2012 - Finalists Selected for 12th Annual Maryland ICOY Awards
- January 19 2011 - TEDCO Feautured on The UpStart Show
- February 4 2011 - The Suicide Entrepreneur
- February 7 2011 - TEDCO Announces Successful Completion of Ft Detrick Technology Transfer Initiative
- Februrary 4 2011 - TEDCO Plots $50M Venture Fund
- March 2 2011- TEDCO Gains International Recognition and Attention
- March 8 2011 - TEDCO and USDA- ARS Present the Southern Maryland Agriculture Shellfish and Business Innovation Forum
- April 1 2011 - TEDCO Congratulates Winners and Nominees of the Greater Baltimore Committee's 6th Annual Maryland Bioscience Awards
- April 26 2011 - TEDCO and the USDA- ARS Present Forum Addressing Critical Issues in Northeastern Maryland Farming
- May 11 2011 - TEDCO Announces Winners of Inaugural ICE Awards
- May 25 2011 Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Funds 36 New Projects in FY 2011
- May 4 2011 - TEDCO, DHS Science and Technology Directorate, and US Army Medical Research Announce JTTI
- May 5 2011 - Finalist's Selected for TEDCO's Innaugural ICE Awards
- June 2 2011 - Innovative Businesses Recognized at 11th Annual Maryland ICOY Awards
- July 19 2011 - Fifteen Maryland Startups Receive More Than $1.1M from TEDCO
- August 16 2011- TEDCO and Leading Business Development Organizations Announce Plans for First Entrepreneur Expo
- September 22 2011 - TEDCO Presents Rural Business Innovation Showcase and Angel Investing Forum at Garrett College
- October 11 2011 - TEDCO Announces New Members of its Board of Directors
- October 12 2011 - TEDCO Touts Succesful Technology Transfer and Commercialization Models to Visiting Iraqi Delegation
- October 6 2011 - Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Issues 2012 RFA's at 4th Annual Stem Cell Symposium
- November 14 2011 - TEDCO and Leading Business Development Organizations Host First State Wide Entrepreneur Expo
- December 5 2011 - TEDCO Awards Nearly $500,000 to Local Researchers Through its UTDF and Tech Start Programs
- January 12 2010 - Challenges for Startups- Getting them on the Road to Success
- January 13 2010 - Nine Maryland Startups Receive Nearly $675,000 from TEDCO
- January 20 2010 - Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Receives 141 Applicatiosn for Funding
- May 12 2010 - TEDCO Welcomes New Members to its Board of Directors
- May 17 2010 - TEDCO Awards Funding to 200th Portfolio Company
- May 20 2010 - Maryland Sten Cell Research Commission Announces 42 Projects for Funding
- June 16 2010 - Innovative Businesses Recognized at 10th Annual Maryland ICOY Awards
- June 2 2010 - Finalists Selected for 10th Annual Maryland ICOY Awards
- July 14 2010 - The Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Commemorates the Life and Work of John L. Kellermann III
- July 21 2010 - Technologies Created to Reduce Nutrient and Sediment Pollution in the Chesapeake Previewed by TEDCO
- July 9 2010 - Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Elects Margaret Conn Himelfarb as Chair
- August 3 2010 - TEDCO Announces Applied Research Development Project Awards
- August 31 2010 - Fifteen Maryland Startups Receive More that $1M from TEDCO
- September 22 2010 - Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission Hosts Symposium with NIH and NIST
- September 28 2010 - TEDCO Board of Directors Appoints Robert A Rosenbaum President and Executive Director
- September 3 2010 - Maryland Stem Cell Research Commission to Host 3rd Annual Maryland Stem Cell Research Symposium
- September 9 2010 - TEDCO Wraps Up the NAVAIR Technology Insertion Program with Columniation Event
- October 25 2010 - Stephen P Auvil Selected as TEDCO's Vice President of Technology Transfer and Commercialization
- December 2 2010 - TEDCO and the USDA ARS Present teh Maryland Rural Agriculture and Business Innovation Forum